Kirsten has joined the ranks of the living. She was born this morning at 11:50 a.m. in Manassas, VA. She is a 9lb 1oz 21" beauty. Brown hair mattes her head and she was ticked off for the first hour because they vacuumed her stomach. Both Chelle and the Baby are doing well. Chelle just asked me to get her a steak.
So we got to the hospital at about 7:30 and found out that Chelle was already starting labor on her own. Dr. Dehall hooked up the Pitocin at about 8:15 anyway to 'speed things along'. After about 2 hours Chelle decided to opt in for the drugs. Chelle was at a 6 when the doctor checked prior to the friendly neighborhood drug doctor showing up to load her up.
When he arrived Dr. Dehall took off to prep for a C-Section (another patient). Unfortunately after 20 or so minutes post epidural there were no good effects. Someone finally checked her and found out than in the last 20 minutes Chelle had gone from a 6 to done! Everyone scrambled trying to get in touch with Dr. Dehall. When she finally came rushing in, she pretty much just played catch. So much for two more hours eh?When Kirsten was born she had to be suctioned for 10 minutes to get all of the crud she had swallowed out of her lungs and throat. This of course made her angry, and boy can she hold a grudge. She is now over the grudge and sleeping soundly, unlike all of her siblings who sounded like they learned to breath at a chain saw convention.
5 comments:
Congratulations Sorenson Family! She is beautiful! Lucky you for fast labors.
This is a good week for babies to be born as my brother's baby girl was born on Monday. 6lb12oz 19inches long.
Congrats again. And she almos wieghed as much as Jordan when he was born, 9lb2 1/2 oz. Love you!!
Congratulations. I'm so happy for you guys. She's beautiful. I'm glad to hear you're both doing well. Wow! 5 kids. You guys are my heros. Congrates again and thanks for posting pictures.
Hey girl, Congrats on the beautiful baby. charles' little girl Cahara Rose (like the desert)was born 9/29 at 6:20 pm. My first grandaughter and she's beautiful too.
congrats again - love Mom Rose
Congratulations Chelle and Mike! I'm glad everyone is healthy and doing well; I'm sorry about the no drugs thing - I'm sure it sealed the thought that #5 is enough :). You'll have to let us know how you decide to spell her name - seeing it Kyrstin isn't as confusing as I thought. I like it that way, I'm sure with the Y in the beginning; people wouldn't confuse it with Kristin - the Y gets your attention right away. Good luck with it, and hope you are feeling well!
Congratualations. She is adorable.
I'm excited to see her some day.
Tell all the kids hi for me
Post a Comment